Name:
Location: Nairobi, Kenya

International Advocate to Kenya for Creative Women of the World.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Final stop: Nairobi, Kenya!!

I flew all through the night, and half-way into the next day...across the Atlantic and into Europe, then down over the vast array of desert and rainforests of Africa, finally into Nairobi... and boy are my arms tired!! (Yes, I would love a bottle of wine with that cheese!)

So I made it here safely to Kenya and everything is peaceful as can be from where I stand. But just so you all know, I was not the only person on a plane to Nairobi. HOWEVER every person on the flight did have their own three-seat row in which to sprawl out comfortably :-) Most comfy flight I've ever been on!

I don't have much time right now, but I just wanted to let you all know that I got here and I am loving it! Thank all of you for your continued encouragement and emails. It's going to take some getting used to, naturally, but the people I've encountered so far have been so hospitable and sweet. My host family is amazing! Alright, I'll write more later. Hope all is well back in the states :-)

Jen

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jen,
We're so glad to hear that you have arrived safely, and thank you for the special email letting us know that, too (you have been brought up SO well!! ;-)
I know everyone will be looking forward to hearing more in your blog.
Love, Mom

Tuesday, January 15, 2008  
Blogger Stargirl said...

Hey Nifer! I'm really glad to hear that you got there in one piece and that things seem fine from what you've seen so far :-) I hope you have a very exciting and delightfully overwhelming first few days. I'll be thinking about you, and living vicariously through you and your blog! Be safe and have fun!

Love ya, Kim

Tuesday, January 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!! I'm so glad you have a blog. Sounds like you did have a nice flight down...more room than first class. I can't wait to hear more of your adventures!!!

=0)

Susan

Tuesday, January 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, so glad you made it safely! I've made my homepage the english version of Aljazeera so I can keep myself posted about Kenya and all the protests, etc. I know that sometimes it can feel very overwhelming to not be able to help each and every person, but keep your chin up and remember that just like you said, the littlest things make a huge difference, even if it means helping someone pass in a peaceful way. Life seems so different around the world but all we really want is to raise our families in a safe place, see them grow and change and then pass without pain. It's the cycle of life and you are serving as a piece in that cycle for a lot of these people. That is an amazing contribution. Keep it up girlie! :)
xoxo, Aubs

Friday, January 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home